Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fleeced

Zn
The life of a professional athlete continues. I could get used to the life of no work and lots of training.
Went out with APs cycle group for the first proper group cycle of the year. The group was AP, Jools, Brenda and whispering Geoff and I. Geoff was on a new bike which had a puncture, wheel and saddle issues. The initial plan had been to do the wee Braes but as we approached them the weather was looking a bit dodgy so instead we went strange side roads that AP knows which took in Thornhill and Kinbuck. All in all 50km in 2 hours.
Fleeced in the title refers to the fact that I decided to get my non latching front door fixed. I called a guy in, he was here for five mins advised me to just keep on using the dead bolts as he would not be able to get any parts for the lock and a new lock system would not look good. So £78 to be told just keep doing what you are doing.
Thankfully the swim session was a good one. 3.5km of solid hard work. I was bringing up the rear of the lane with Big John, Peter and Alistair Preiss. I initially did not feel up for this but the joy of getting through 5 * 100m with dead turns perked me up. Back to Bob's afterwards to eat his crisps and drink his beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment